Happy holidays from the staff of Pregnancy & Parenting Support and the families we serve. We have had a good year and hope it has been for you as well. Looking back, 2018 has been busy but amazing!
In the past 12 months, we have:
- experienced a 50% increase in the number of families needing our services in both SLO and South County, and a 30% increase in North County, resulting in over 500 families having access to services for their baby
- distributed over 15,000 diapers to infants and toddlers in our County
- supported and educated 200+ new moms concerned about postpartum mental health
- supplied 115 babies with newborn layettes and trained 100 families+ on infant car seat safety and provided new car seats for their baby
- provided families with practical infant essentials valued up to $1200 in the first year alone including diapers, formula, clothing, and equipment such as a stroller, car seat, swing, bassinet or crib, and high chair
Pregnancy & Parenting Support’s core values provide the foundation to support families and ensure that more children are born healthy and able to reach their full potential in a community where all families have the resources to provide a healthy and stable environment for their babies and growing children. Supporters like you provided access to food, clothing, diapers and baby essentials for the families in need. On behalf of all of us at Pregnancy and Parenting Support, our volunteers and the people you’ve helped, THANK YOU.